Back-to-School Supplies Suggestions Audio
- DailyAIRSSchoolSupplies.mp3 (right click to download)
Dr. Bill Takeshita from AIRS-LA gives suggestions for school supplies that may help blind or visually impaired students.
1) Backpack to fit books & technology
2) Bold Pencil: “Sumo”: Mechanical Pencil with 1.0 mil lead
3) Pen: Gel Uniball: Gel Ink with 1.0 mil
4) Calculator: Large print or talking dependent on needs.
5) Digital Voice Recorder
6) Padlock: MasterLock
In Utah, it’s important to advocate for your teachers of the visually impaired to order accessible books before April 1st each year. USIMAC guarantees books to be ready the first day of school if ordered before this deadline.