The Start Menu in Windows 7 Audio
- Start menu.mp3 (right click to download)
After listening to the tutorial you should be able to answer the following questions.
1. How do you launch the start menu?
2. When you open the start menu, which part has focus?
3. Multiple choice: Choose the answer that best completes the sentence. The search edit box will allow you to search by:
A. The file name
B. A word or phrase used in the document
C. A word or phrase used in an email you sent or received
D. The date you modified or saved a document
E. All of the above
4. Which of the following is not one of the four main parts of the start menu?
A. The left pain which shows a short list of frequently used applications.
B. The right pain which shows a list of locations on your computer.
C. The task bar which is a list of the open applications, or applications that have been pinned.
D. The search edit box.
E. Below the right pain where there is a shut down split button.
5. Please give step by step instructions on how to open the Computer Windows explorer using the start menu.
6. In the start menu what is different about tabbing versus using the shift tab?
7. How do you open the submenu of the shut down split button in order to find sleep, log off, etc.?
8. Please give step by step instructions on how to get to all programs using the start menu.
9. Please go to all programs and find Windows media player. Then create an icon to the desktop for Windows Media Player and explain how you did it.
10. What action is performed when you hold down the control key and press escape?
11. After opening up all programs, please explain how to open and close a group in the tree view.